This Saturday in Los Angeles there will be a one day fest at a venue called UNION. Nature World Night Out Fest is probably one of the most diverse lineup I have ever seen. The two headliners of this fest are Soulja Boy and Trash Talk. The fest mixes Hip Hop with Punk and Hardcore. This is an all ages event and doors are at 4pm. If you are in the Los Angeles area I recommend that you should go to this fest.
Weddit (DJ Set)
Goth Money Records
Show Me The Body
Here is a list of upcoming shows I would like you to check out. These shows are in the Tri-State area. Most of these shows are in small venues. This is a weekly post I will be doing.
- Aviv- Iron Chic, Worries, Soda Bomb, Couple Hando.
- Music Hall of Williamsburg- Jesu, Sun Kil Moon, Wilsen.
- The Space at Westbury- The B-52’s, Mike + Ruth.
- Saint Vitus Bar- UXO, Primitive Weapons, The Austerity Program.
- Don Pedro- Invalids, Floral, Slim Charles, Ishmael.
- Shea Stadium- Jawbreaker Reunion, Sharpless, Thelma, Flower Housewife.
- The Meatlocker- Archie Alone, Minor 44, The Subcultures, Lunch Ladies, Fake Blood.
- Blackthorn 51- Sponge, Dijor, All But Impossible, One Day Waiting, Shekynah, Cherry Pop, TBA.
- The Acheron- Dysphythmia, Artificial Brain, Zvi.
- Shakers Pub- Michael Graves, The Avoiders, The Muckrakers, Mutiny Aboard, Abandoned Vessels.
- Market Hotel- Allison Crutchfield, Eskimeaux, Wall, Pouty.
- Stanhope House- The Slackers, The Penniless Loafers, Skunk Daze, Hot Pink Apocalypse, Stereo Jo.
- AMH- Detriment, Separated, Iron Born, Lair’s Tongue, Hangman, Warehouse.
- ABC No Rio- Fucking Invincible, V-Sect, Death Vacation, Laughing Stock.
- Rodriguez’s Coffee House- Pinegrove, Emperor X.
- The Grand Ballroom at Webster Hall- Ty Segall & The Muggers, CFM, Axis: SOVA.
- Saint Vitus Bar- Black Tusk, Holy Grail, Blackest, Mammal.
- Shea Stadium- Vandabar, Baked, Such Hounds, Slight.
- The Brighton Bar- Michael Graves, Negative Traction, Sometimes The Devil, Immoral Support, EXM, Wolves Attack.
- Flemington DIY- Flogs Party, This is me looking Dangerous, Nerve Damage, Jacobus.
- Blackthorn 51- Malignancy, Alekline’s Gun, Thorn Constellation, Reluctant Mortem, Monument of a Memory, Dinenatianon, Aegresco, Acicula, Gorikoza.
- The Acheron- Fucking Invincible, V-Sect, Mauler, Slav.
- Baby’s All Right- Downtown Boys, Aye Nako, Amor Prohibido.
- Fuze Box- Say Goodnight, Snapmare, Hands Up!, Before I Had Wings.
- Brickhouse Brewery- Iron Chic, Braodcaster, Scout Boys.
- Lucky 13 Saloon- Murphy’s Law, Inhuman, Enrage, Reason Enough, Ache, Low Road, A Breed Apart, Agitator, Enziguri, Full Scale Riot, Decimate The Living, NFC, Truth in Needles, SWAMP.
- Wild Kingdom- Foster Care, Wilful Boys, Fur Helmet.
- The Grand Victory- Hymen Holocaust, Zero Rights, The Jukebox Romantics, Jason Denmettand, The Resistance, Future Dark, Fracture, Courtney.
- Cop Frat- Media Limits, Impact, Blame God, Night Fear, Wall of Thugs.
- The Capitol Theatre- The B-52’s, Mike + Ruth.
- Stockton University Campus Center- Survay Says!, Tyler Sarfert, My Life on Film, Backyard Superheroes, Audio Impulse, The Catering Company.
- AMH- The Slackers, Boomshot, Crisis Crayons, Short Notice.
- The Grand Ballroom at Webster Hall- Ty Segall & The Muggers, The Men, Dion Lunadon of Place to Bury Strangers.
- Saint Vitus Bar- Cannabis Corpse, Snafa, Coagula, Sentience.
- Greasy Manor- Blame God, TBA.
- Aviv- Painted Zeros, Vagabon, Kissing Factures, Frozen Lawn.
- Capital Theatre- Slayer, Testament, Carcass.
- Saint Vitus Bar- Frameworks, Donovan Wolfington, Descender.
- The Grand Ballroom at Webster Hall- Wolfmother, Deap Valley.
- Aviv- Shark Muffin, Anmlplnet, Thick, Nonsense, Baby Acid.
- The Acheron- Bell Witch, Wreckmester Harmonies, Uniform, Shredded Nerve.
- SinClairs Pub- Green Jelly, Vigil Antics, Cherry Pop, Logan’s Room, The Unpermitted.
Last Thursday I went to my 11th concert of the year at Terminal 5. Wavves and Best Coast was playing that night as part of their “Summer Forever” tour with Cherry Glazerr opening up. This was not a sold out show but it was close. Terminal 5 is a 3000 cap venue so seeing these bands play here this show was going to be a big show. This was my first time seeing all the bands that were playing that night.
The opening band of the night was Cherry Glazerr. They are a four piece band from Los Angeles and they got the crowd going. I never heard of this band nor did I even get a chance to check them out. Just by watching this performance they were really good. The crowd seemed to like them a lot. Their sound had a mix of Bluesy rock with some Indie and early 70’s Glam rock influences. Overall they were a good band and good opener. I would see this band again if I had another chance.
Wavves was on next. Wavves is from San Diego, California. This Indie band got the crowd going from start to finish. The band played over a twenty song set list and they were great. Wavves has a sound that mixes Indie, Punk and Surf music. People were going off for this band. I never have been to a Surf/Garage/Indie influence show before this set was all new to me. There was a lot of energy between the crowd and band. I actually thought I knew five songs but I discovered that I knew most of their set. The set was great and it made me want to see this band again and again. I recommend everyone who is reading this to see Wavves if you have not gotten the chance yet.
Best Coast took the stage. Best Coast is from California and has a similar sound like Wavves. Best Coast I know as a duo but they have a few live members on stage with them. Personally I wanted Wavves to head line because they have more energy and Best Coast kind of takes the energy down a notch. Best Coast played a great set and the crowd still went off like they did for Wavves. During the song “Boyfriend” I could not believe the crowd during that song. People were rushing up to the front and crowd surfing. Overall Best Coast played a fantastic set. I really enjoyed this band a lot and I would like to see them again. I still believe that Wavves should have headline because they played more songs and had the better reaction. This was another great show at Terminal 5 and hopefully the two bands will come back to play New York again.
Best Coast- 10/10
Cherry Glazerr- 8/10
Terminal 5- 10/10